Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Catching Up






















Wow...and oops. I can't beleive it's been this long since I've posted. How can 6 weeks go by that quickly. (I'm trying to rewrite the entire paragraph I had a few minutes ago that I just lost when I was trying to figure out how to add these pictures, so needless to say now I'm in a pissed off mood). I don't know why it's so hard for me to sit down and post on this blog. I find it hard to start writing if I don't have a clear head or have my thoughts organized. But I always forget that this is a casual blog. It's more of a flow of thoughts than an organization of words. It should be really easy, but I make it out to be harder than it really is. Since I have a hard time coming up with topics to write about, I decided to start integrating pictures into my posts. I take a lot of pictures on my cell phone, and as I've said in previous posts, I love to explore and be outdoors, so I find myself trying to compose a shot quite often on my Motorola Q with the screen cracked about 5 different ways. For an advanced cell phone, this thing takes pretty shitty pictures. My camera crapped out a while ago and I'm putting off buying a new one because I want to make sure I get a good one, and I can't really justify putting a few hundred dollars on my credit card since I have very little income now that I'm back in school, not working for the first time in about 10 years. So the pictures I put up are of Peace Valley Park, just outside of Doylestown. I think it's technically New Britain Township. It's really a beautiful place, the park itself surrounds and includes Lake Galena, the main attraction. What led me to this spot originally was the 6 mile paved bike path around nearly the entire lake. It's an easy ride or walk, not too much in the way of elevation changes, but enough twists and turns and little hills to make it interesting. Check it out at sunset, its just a nice peaceful, natural place. The first 3 pictures are from Monday evening, the second 2 are from back in September.

3 comments:

  1. Peace Valley is a nice little get away. Too bad about your camera. I always use word to write and save posts b4 i put them up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wish my cell phone took better pictures

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea thats pretty cool. I wanna get over there sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete